Today, we’re bombarded with email marketing campaigns, and while some of it still feels spammy, there’s no denying the impact a well-crafted message can have on your customers, let alone CRM and lead nurturing.
With email marketing you can connect with your target audience to promote your brand and increase sales. These emails can be used to sell products, share news, reduce cart abandonment, or tell a story.
Is email marketing effective?
When communicating about your brand or selling your products, email marketing is one of the most cost-effective methods.
People are still receiving an increasing amount of emails, and it can be challenging to stand out in overflowing inboxes. That’s why services like Bizam provide you with the tools you need to shine and create effective email marketing campaigns.
How to obtain an email list
You’ll get the best return on investment if you build and maintain an engaged subscriber list comprised of people who want to receive your messages and opted in on purpose. Although building a clean list may require more effort at the start of your email marketing strategy, it will pay off in the long run.
There are several ways to find people who will look forward to receiving your emails, and these have proven to be the most effective.
To create an email list:
· Make a signup form for your website. When people visit your website for the first time and like what they see, they’ll want to learn more about your company. So make a form for newsletter signups and a pop-up to collect customer information from your visitors.
· Make use of an old-fashioned signup sheet. When you’re surrounded by people interested in what you do, whether it’s at your physical store or an event you’re hosting or attending, provide a place for them to sign up and learn more.
· Increase signups by using social media. If you don’t have an extensive email list or want to see it grow and you have an engaged social media following, use it. Share your signup form on social media.
To increase your subscribers on an existing list:
· Hold a contest or provide a discount. Giving people a reason to sign up for your email list is a good idea, and contests work. Consider giving away a prize to a lucky new subscriber or a discount code for a first purchase.
· Make it simple for people to forward your emails. People will want to share your beautiful, compelling emails with valuable information.
· Create a landing page with your best imagery and content, provide a clear call to action and significantly increase email signups.
You should not buy an email list since purchased lists are ineffective, and many of the emails will be marked as spam, resulting in a high unsubscribe rate. Obtain permission. Everyone on your mailing list should have opted in to receive emails from you, and their consent should be explicit and verifiable. This is an explicit condition of the POPI Act. In addition, you always need to include a link to unsubscribe.
Quick email marketing guide
Email marketing is one of the most cost-effective ways to promote your company, whether you want to build your brand or sell more products. This quick email marketing guide includes effective strategies to ensure you get the most out of this platform.
Start with a strategy
To create an effective email marketing strategy, do the following:
· Define your target audience so you can effectively communicate with them. Your signup sources can help you collect valuable data and determine why they are interested in your brand and aim relevant messages to them.
· Consider your content. Ensure the message you want to convey serves a purpose that speaks to your subscribers and why they signed up.
· Determine your sending frequency and objectives. There is no definite rule for how often you should email your customers. Send your email campaign at your own pace and monitor the unsubscribe and click-through rates to adjust the frequency as needed.
· Create a schedule similar to the calendar for your campaigns, blog posts, social media posts, and other activities to ensure you stay on track. Your email marketing schedule will be determined by your industry, the types of content you send, and the sending frequency.
Presentation is everything. Keep your message in mind and your design simple when creating email marketing campaigns. Organise all your campaign’s elements in a hierarchy, with the most critical information or main takeaway at the top, so people can quickly scan your email if they’re short on time.
Test and retest
Send test emails to co-workers who can proofread your email for typos and provide feedback on the layout.
Split testing and testing as many as three variations for campaigns are possible with A/B testing tools. Elements to test and adjust include subject lines, content, and send times. You can test your reach to see how many people receive your emails to ensure you continuously optimise your emails for maximum impact.
Evaluate the results
Gather marketing analytics to assist you in refining your marketing strategy in the future. Data points to gather include:
· Clicks and opens
· Data from e-commerce
· Traffic to a website
Contact Bizam for details
Emails have long been used as a form of advertising, and email marketing remains an effective campaign tool, whatever the purpose of the mail.
Bizam can help you create measurable email marketing campaigns with the necessary Google Analytics parameters to ensure you can track the success of your email marketing efforts and adjust the various elements for improved results. Contact our team today for more information.